Invisalign® clear aligners prove that effective orthodontic treatment doesn’t have to be difficult. These ingenious appliances have helped millions straighten their teeth and achieve better-looking smiles, and they can help you too.
Invisalign® Aligners in Germantown, MD
Invisalign® aligners are an effective and discreet orthodontic treatment option that is worn comfortably over your teeth to continuously adjust alignment and spacing.
Invisalign® aligners are custom-made using models of both your current teeth and the end result you hope to achieve. With Invisalign® aligners, you will switch to new aligners about every two weeks with each set shifting the teeth slightly—this continues until you have achieved your final results, which usually takes about two years.
You remove the Invisalign® aligners for eating, drinking, and cleaning only. At first, they will feel very tight, but they will begin to loosen and feel more comfortable after a few days.
How does the Invisalign® process work?
- Exam and eligibility. We’ll conduct a thorough exam to identify if you’re a candidate for Invisalign® and discuss your desired result.
- Photos, impressions, and 3D x-rays. We’ll take photos of your teeth and face and get dental impressions plus x-rays of your teeth to send to Invisalign®, along with the specific instructions about your desired result.
- Create a 3D model of your teeth. Invisalign® scans your impressions to create a 3D model of your teeth, working with us to get the mold to its exact proportions. Once final, the trays are made and mailed to your dentist’s office.
- Get your trays & begin treatment! You’ll pick up your trays from our office and then begin wearing a set of trays for two weeks at a time for approximately 2 years, or the length of time determined by your dentist.
Invisalign® vs. braces—what's the difference?
There are many differences between Invisalign® and braces, we’ve listed some of the largest ones here. Ultimately, the decision is up to you, but the introduction of Invisalign® to the market introduced a more efficient, less painful way to straighten teeth.
- Materials. Invisalign® uses clear transparent aligners, while braces use wires and brackets.
- Removability. Invisalign® aligners can be removed by the user at any time, while braces can only be removed by a professional.
- Food Restrictions. Invisalign® allows a user to eat whatever they would like and not make changes to their oral care practices, while braces restrict what the user can safely eat and require special maintenance and care.
- Injury Risks. Invisalign® aligners do not present any injury risks, while braces can lead to cuts and other injuries.
- Visibility. Invisalign® aligners are nearly impossible for others to notice, while braces are almost impossible to miss.
How much does Invisalign® cost?
According to the Invisalign® website, the cost of this treatment is similar to the cost of metal braces. Costs vary, depending on:
- Insurance coverage. Most insurance plans cover Invisalign the same way they cover metal braces. It is rare that insurance will cover Invisalign® for purely cosmetic reasons, but each case is different.
- Length/complexity of treatment. With Invisalign®, you get new clear aligners every couple of weeks, so the cost varies, depending on if your treatment requires more (or fewer) aligners.
If you have any financial questions, please contact our office and we will be happy to discuss your insurance coverage or additional payment options that we have available.Contact Us
Who can use Invisalign®?
Most teens and adult patients requiring mild to moderate orthodontic corrections can use Invisalign®. This includes patients with teeth that are crooked and misaligned or teeth that feature noticeable spacing problems. Invisalign® can even help patients with minor bite issues—however, not all orthodontic issues can be treated with Invisalign®. More extensive problems will require additional treatment.
What is SureSmile?
The SureSmile® Aligner system by Dentsply Sirona helps Suburban Dental bring our patients the smiles they’ve always wanted. From treatment planning to the design and fabrication of custom-fit clear aligner orthodontics, SureSmile assists our team in bringing you consistent, high-quality treatment for optimal smile satisfaction.
Interested in Invisalign®?
Schedule an appointment at Suburban Dental today for an Invisalign® consultation or explore our other available dental services.